Saturday, February 13, 2010

Negative Ned meets Postive Pete?

Or should I say Negative Nancy?  Well that is how I went to bed and how I woke up this morning.
Let's just say there was another month with a big fat (-) Last night I was just mad, but today I was sad and emotional.
 
Today was a Super Saturday with XANGO and it was fabulous.. in fact, just what I needed.  The guest speakers were Ana Gabriel Mann and John David Mann from Mass.  John David is a well known author and a both are inspirational speakers.  I would say the word of the day was Belief.  Here are some things I heard that really made me think:
"Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place others interest first"
"The key to continuous giving is to stay open to receiving" side note.. what is your response when someone gives you a compliment?  this is something I really need to work on.  For ex. "Kelly, your hair looks great"  My response is usually "thanks, I need to get it done" (sorry for the lame ex) Why is it so hard to receive from others??
"Be real:  the most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself"
"You can't let adversity be your excuse"
John David Mann, Suzi Jackson, Susan Sprouse, Priscilla and Jim Harrison
Here are 5 inspiring, amazing and selfless leaders!  Check out Priscilla's Blog - she is doing a local celebrity Dancing with the Stars!  Proceeds go to Operation Smile.  Do you know it only takes $240 to change a child's life?
and lastly:
Embrace and choose to grow
 
ahhhh
no more negative nancy!! here's to positive pete patsy?!!
Today's message was very powerful for me and couldn't have been more appropriate timing.  I believe and trust in Him!



Tonight Mom and Dad came over for dinner.
 
Justin's Grandmother Darcy's Spaghetti Sauce
  


  
  
This was so good - and the best part... it wasn't loaded with fat!
I forgot to spray the cooling rack - hence the ripped off top

Time to go to bed - race time in T -10hrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment