Friday, November 11, 2011

My Veteran went to see Jesus

Today was a very sad day.  My Grandfather, Papa,  passed. He has lived a wonderful 88 years!  He is finally free and back with my Grandmother.  Although he has not been doing well over a month, it was kind of unexpected.
I was the first grandchild so I had a special bond with him.  I was his sweet heart!  I'm so happy he got a chance to meet Max and Claire!

Today he was being "George" and wanting to do things on his terms.  The poor nurse came in to tell us he was leaving us and all the sudden his heart rate went back up...that happened three times! He said that had never happened to him before!
It was also weird, bc he passed in the same room my other grandfather did four years ago.

I miss him so much already, but know he is in Heaven with my Nana and the rest of his friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh You. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort in your memories of him. And what a blessed picture you have.

    ReplyDelete