Monday, August 29, 2016

Kate ~ 15 months

Just a few days shy of 16 months and punky is thriving! I just looked back at Max and Claire's 15 month blog post and Kate seems to have similar qualities as Claire!  She likes to test us and it's hard not to laugh at times.  If her hands are messy and she touches her hair, she looks at me bc she knows she shouldn't do that.  I'll say, "Kate, don't put your hands in your hair" and she looks at me, smiles, then rubs her hands in her hair.  Same with standing up in high chair... she looks at me and smiles when she does it.  She's feisty!

at 15 month appointment
She loves food! She is a very good eater -- eats a good B, L, and D and snacks some in between. Favorites include: plain yogurt with a drizzle of honey, eggs, pancakes, turkey, cheese, chicken, green beans, melons, blueberries, pasta....etc... and loves animal crackers!

spaghetti!
Punkers still isn't walking but has no trouble getting to where she wants to be.  She flies through the house with her walker and cruises the furniture.  She will hold one finger and walk for a while... so I know she can do it, she just isn't ready.  She is going to start a Mother's Morning Out class after labor day. I am really excited for her. She has been my sidekick with no little friends besides Max and Claire.  She met her teacher today and didn't want to leave the classroom! I know she will love it!


Kate loves music and will immediately start to dance. Her favorite is "If you're happy and you know it".  She also loves to read.  When it's nap or bedtime she always points at books she wants to read.  She is learning some animal sounds.  She loves books that make noises!

Sleep.  Ah, sleep! We are finally done traveling so I am hoping to get more sleep!  She usually goes to bed around 7:15 and wake up times have varied from 5:15-6:30.  She is still nursing when she wakes up and at bed.  She used to go back to sleep after she nursed in the morning, now she is up and ready to play.  Needless to say, my bedtime has gotten earlier!

She is starting to talk more.  From what I can tell, she says: daddy, bye, hey, dog, Cl (for claire), please, cheese, yes and signs: please, all done, bird

Still a little peanut!
29.4 inches (12%)
19.5 lbs (20%)
size 3 diapers
wears mostly 12 month outfits, but pants are 9 months
almost a size 3 shoe!

Love my sweet girl so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment