Sunday, January 16, 2011

36 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights


How far along?  36 weeks.. Holy cow.. that's 9 months!!
Total weight gain?  36 lbs
Movement?  A lot, along with hiccups!  I love feeling them move and will miss that once they are here!
What I miss?  sleep :)
Sleep?  Up every 1.5 hrs to go to the bathroom...then it takes a while to get comfortable and fall back asleep
Symptoms?  cramping - see below
Best moment this week?  I made it through a MUCH needed mani/pedi!! It was uncomfortable, but looks so good!
What I look forward to?  Meeting Max and Claire

This morning I actually thought it was time.  I had a little bleeding along with cramping and started to freak out.  I called my friend Lindsay, who is a L&D nurse and she said to page Dr. Cousins.  While I waited to hear back from her I packed my bag.  She called and said to go to the hospital to get checked.  She was not on call, but met us there.  They hooked me up to the toco and heart rate monitors.  Babies looked great and I only had a few contractions.  I was closer to 4cm dilated and 90% effaced.  My blood pressure was a little high when we got there (whose wouldn't be after freaking out?) so they made me stay hooked up to check my blood pressure multiple times.   It went back to normal in no time!
I'll have my weekly appointment Wednesday for another update.  I wander when they will make their appearance for real?!



No comments:

Post a Comment