Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Appointments

Just a quick update after my two appointments!
Yesterday we had a NST (non stress test).  They both passed.  I really dislike doing those. Basically you sit in a recliner for 20 minutes to an hour based on how babies behave.  I am always uncomfortable in the recliner, although nurse says most women like it.  The test monitors contractions and looks for the babies movement and an increase in heart rate.  They like to see the increase twice in 20 min... if not, it starts over.  I had some irritability, but no contractions.  Claire was very active and passed the test in the first five minutes.... Max, on the other hand, made us stay for close to 45 min.  He must have been taking a nap.

Today I had my weekly check up.  Dr. Cousins checked my cervix and we did a strep test.  Oh.. and the dreaded scale.  I gained 3 lbs in a week!  I am really getting close to a number I don't want to see.  She is very happy with my weight gain of 35 lbs... and no stretch marks!  I am 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Overall another great appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment