Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Food

I'm trying to do a better job making Max and Claire's food.  Now that they are eating more, it is getting pretty expensive(to buy).  I have been buying the Plum Organics, Ella's Kitchen and a little bit of Gerber.
Last week I made chicken, sweet potatoes and carrots.  I have gotten good at making butternut squash and sweet potatoes...pretty easy!
But as many times as I have tried, I can't seem to get apples the right consistency.  I have baked them in the oven and I have steamed them.  The directions say it is one of the easiest to make.  What am I doing wrong?!
Yesterday I steamed apples and pears and even after steaming for 25 minutes, they were still pretty firm.

One of my favorites from Ella's Kitchen is a mixture of pumpkin and banana.  While at Earth Fare yesterday I was going to pick up a pumpkin - but they didn't have the pie pumpkins so I'll just have to wait on making that.

I have been slowly introducing more finger foods.  Our newest is toast and they love it!

What are some other good first finger foods?

1 comment:

  1. My girls love sweet potatoes (I buy the microwave individual ones and then cut into small squares) They also love boiled eggs, lunch meats, cheeses. Grapes make me nervous still but we just did pasta and they LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete