Thursday, September 22, 2011

Taco Pie

This was one of my favorite dinners Mom made growing up.  It is easy peasy and oh so good!


Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey) I used 93/7
tortilla chips (I use Snyders - they have the least amt of fat per serving)
1 can of  ff refried beans
1/2 sour cream (I used light)
1 cup of cheese (I used 2%)
1 packet of taco seasoning

Directions
Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning
Layer a baking dish with tortilla chips and pour meat on top
Spread beans on top of meat then spread sour cream
Sprinkle cheese
Crunch up a few handfuls of chips and sprinkle over cheese then add a little more cheese!

Bake at 350 for about 30 min or until heated through.
Serve with rice


*this time I got crazy and added 2oz of chopped green chiles and I think it was a great addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment