Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken in a bag

Chicken in a bag... for dinner?  Yes!  This is one of my favorite meals from growing up.  I've been on a roll in the kitchen this week.  Monday night we had Garlic Lime Shrimp, Tuesday-Chicken in a bag and this morning I made homemade banana pancakes!!
Starting with chicken in a bag....
It is so easy.  All you have to do is buy a whole chicken, clean it (not with soap like the beverly hills housewife!) and load it up with spices.
Generously sprinkle garlic salt, onion salt, celery salt, and paprika.  Put in paper grocery bag and cook at 350 for about an hour.  We had a big chicken so ours took 1hr 12 min ;)
Make sure bag is not touching anything ;)


I promise you will love this!! It is so moist and paired perfectly with mash potatoes or rice!

Garlic Lime Shrimp
(no pictures) but oh so tasty!
Make marinade of lime juice, evoo, cilantro, and garlic
Peel shrimp
toss shrimp in marinade
I sauteed until shrimp was cooked through
~great served with brown rice 



Banana Pancakes: recipe found here

I added blueberries and 1/2tsp of vanilla.  I also used applesauce instead of oil ;)

These were pretty good... although I have never made a perfect pancake.  I'm still looking for that perfect recipe!

1 comment: