Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Motivation

.....or lack there of.  I've been awful at staying on task.  Not sure why, but it has been this way for a few months.. and my lack of post/pictures (on our real camera) prove it.

It may be because my two crazy toddlers are keeping me very busy.  I have been struggling with getting rid of their morning nap.  They still wake up nice and early (6-6:30) so I was thinking (and they were showing) they needed a morning nap.  They like their morning nap and usually take a 1.5-2 hour nap. How many times can I say nap?  Then when it comes to their afternoon nap, they take a crappy one, usually only 1hr.  Recently, we have been skipping their morning nap and man oh man they get feisty waiting for their afternoon nap.
This is a picture of applesauce thrown all over the dining room wall - it's also all over the floor.  This happened as a result of one over tired little boy (my fault) throwing a tantrum instead of eating.
You would think that since dropping the morning nap, they would take a great 2.5-3.5 hr one in the afternoon....WRONG.  I am lucky if they sleep for an 1.5.  Does this just take time?  Should I keep the morning nap? (i'm afraid they will want to only nap in morning and never in afternoon).

We have kept our mornings busy by going to The Children's Museum, playing outside and going for runs.

 Claire LOVES her pink sparkly flip flops and will start crying if you try to get her to wear a different pair!  We had a mini tantrum before school the other day.  They aren't allowed to wear open toe shoes, sandals or crocs to school and this girl wanted to wear them!
 Buds wearing Claire's hats, playing with his truck while taking a break from vacuuming!
Pretty little diva!

Claire has also become obsessed with our iphones.  It's very annoying.  She knows how to unlock it (I need to do the passcode) and find her "itsy bitsy spider" app.  She LOVES it and if the phone is in her sight, she wants it.

 Cutest little guy I've ever seen!

Sidewalk chalk is always fun!

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Love the flip flops!!

    I held on to that morning nap for a long time and the transition wasn't easy but I have to say that life got easier once we got down to one long afternoon nap. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I bet that was a fun day when the applesauce got thrown all over the wall. Chloe is hit or miss with one nap a day, but she usually does take a longer one if that's all she gets. I'm sure it's something that will take a little bit of time for them to get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have kids, but know many who do. This is just another example of why I will eventually have kids too. Even through the headaches and sleepless nights, it still seems worth it.

    Keep up the motivation to do the things you need to do! Best of luck!

    David de Leon
    www.davidofthelion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought about making the afternoon nap earlier than usual/morning nap later (by just combining the 2?) Maybe start the nap right after lunch, so it'll still seem like it's earlier, but it will be in the afternoon. & then maybe earlier bedtime?!

    ReplyDelete