Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin muffins

Last night I made some pumpkin muffins that I found on pinterest. They looked delicious! As I set up prep, I decided I needed to make some modifications. Why do I always do this?



I couldn't wait for them to come out of the oven - then I tasted them.... Blah. I'm not sure if it was my substitutions or the recipe. Luckily the kids like them so they are not a total fail.

Pumpkin muffins from Recipe Dutchess
1 1/2 c flour (I used spelt)
1/2 c sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt , cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 c milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 c canned pumpkin
1/2 melted butter (I used 1/4 coconut butter and 1/4 butter)
1 egg
1/2 c raisins (opt)

Mix all ingredients. Do not over mix. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp sugar on each muffin

Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes

I think I'll stick to the pumpkin pancakes from Saturday morning!

Kelly - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. that makes me sad! I LOVE pumpkin bread!! I have a tried and true recipe that is super yummy. You should try it!

    http://www.thegorenablog.com/2009/09/stephanie-cooks-pumpkin-bread.html

    ReplyDelete