Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Choose your colors wisely!

Apparently, when you wear cool colors to get your oil changed, it ends up free! Yep. Thankfully, I didn't throw on my gym clothes this morning before leaving the house. Max and Claire go to mothers morning out on Tuesday and My car was in need of an oil change. When I was checking in I told the Honda service guy that I only wanted an oil change and I was on borrowed time - lots to do when I am sans kids. The first thing he said was he liked how I chose my colors today. That made me all smiles - then he asked what I was going to do with my free time - I went on about how last Friday was my birthday and how Justin was in a golf tournament all weekend an I didn't have time to birthday shop. Then he said he'd make me a deal - a free oil change!!! Heck yeah!
So next time you go to get your oil changed, choose wisely!



My good day/luck continued. I made my first stop in a Clark's shoe store. Two words. In Love! They have the coolest boots and very cute kids shoes. I found a pair of booties that I loved. They were a bit more than I wanted to spend. After a few minutes talking to the clerk, she asked if it would help If she took 20% off the price - um, yes!



So I left with these!!

Yay for good deals! And nice people!

Kelly - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky!!! Cute boots! Just out of curiosity where do you send Claire and Max for school? I'm not sure if I love our school yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I've be flattered or a little freaked out?! But you do look great and I totally think a free oil change was due. :) And great deal on the boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was harmless, but definitely a little weird!

    ReplyDelete