Monday, January 14, 2013

Numbers

Last night was rough.

There were:
2 sick babies toddlers
10 times we cleaned throw up
12 towels
3 sets of sheets
3 baths
2 loads of laundry b/t the hours of 12-3AM
6 total loads of laundry by early afternoon
2 tired parents

I fell asleep on the couch last night and was woken up at 12 by Max.  Went in to check on him and while I was in there, Claire got sick.  This was our first experience with stomach bug.  Quite possibly one of the yuckiest nights and most pitiful for the babes.  After Max started getting sick, Claire and I took the guest room and Max and Daddy had our room.  They were pretty much awake 12-3 and decided to wake up for the day at 5:45.
Against my better judgement, I gave them milk. (only bc they seemed better and were crying for it)  I just gave them a few ounces each.  Max kept his down....Claire's was up a few minutes later.  I was not prepared!

Justin went to pick up some Pedialyte.  They both drank their "juice" which they thought was a big deal considering they only drink milk and water.  Soon after, they were running around acting normal.
Luckily, they were good today.  It was nasty out, not to mention I couldn't take them anywhere.  They took two good naps and still went to bed at 7:15.  Justin is out of town for work so hoping and praying for a smooth night tonight!

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! Yeah, never milk, it comes back up. I learned the hard way as well. Stomach bugs are the WORST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better night! Sorry they are sick. Christian is out of town too and I have some sort of stomach bug and Macey is complaining with her ears again...we are having fun times over here without Daddy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo on Dad's being out of town at bad times! Hope you both start feeling better!

      Delete
  3. I hope everyone is feeling better and you had a good night last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Having one sick with the stomach bug is bad enough, but two?? Chloe's lasted almost a week so my fingers are crossed that it's behind you now and neither you nor Justin gets it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week?! Oh my! Not sure I could handle a week! Luckily everyone is better. It seems to be going around their group of friends. Really hoping Justin and I will miss the bug completely!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Kids are great... now it's mom and dad feeling bad :( on the mend, though!

      Delete