Sunday, February 10, 2013

26.2......relay!

I wish I could say I completed 26.2 by myself, but today we participated in a marathon relay.  Each leg ran a total of 6.4 miles (broken up into 4 - 1.6 miles).  You actually have the option to run the full marathon or do it with one other person as a 1/2 marathon.


We ran with our good friends Liz and Alec.  Liz had a baby three months ago and was running seven minute miles!!  I was the slowest leg.... I was hoping to beat Justin, but he turned on his game.


The race results are not up yet, but my fastest lap was a 7:45 pace.  I'm thrilled...that's my fastest time yet!
My mom was supposed to watch the kiddos, but had to go to VA last minute to be with my brother.  They tagged along as our cheerleaders!  They were so good.  My cousin came to get them at 12:30 so we could pack up and go out for pizza and beer!

The weather was great!  A little chilly, but nothing like years past when there was ice on the ground or in the low 20s!
I think it warmed up to close to 50 by the time we left.  Although I can't bend my right knee, I am so looking forward to next year and hoping we can get a lot more groups of friends to join in!

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go! Congrats on your fastest time yet, that's a great accomplishment. And I think you have the cutest cheerleaders in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have the cutest and best behaved cheer leaders out there! It would be so much fun to have a big tailgate with lots of group-teams next year. Thanks for talking us into it this year!

    ReplyDelete