Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weight Watchers

It works.  I know it does.  Back in 2006/7 I lost 18 lbs and became a lifetime member.  I continued going to meetings until I found out I was pregnant.  I went back in April 2011, but was a drop out bc I did not like the new plan.

Fast forward two years and I'm ready to make some changes.  I was fortunate enough to lose a lot of weight while I was breastfeeding (pumping) for 10 months, but it has slowly came back on.  I would love to lose 15 lbs, but 10 is my realistic goal.

My goal is to regain control of my eating habits.  Smaller portions and not having dessert multiple times a day every night.


I am going to try very hard to be honest with my tracking.  I know that writing down everything I eat will open my eyes to what(and how much) I'm putting in. It's going to help not take bites of Max and Claire's breakfast, lunch and dinner as I'm making them or having a handful (or bag) of popcorn while watching TV.

I'm also going to put away the scale.  I weigh myself every morning before leaving our bedroom.  I am going to be confident in myself and just do my weekly weigh-ins at WW.

I went to the meeting at 9:30, so I didn't start until lunch.  I did good for my first day back.  We even ate dinner as a family instead of eating at 8/8:30 after the kids have gone to bed. Instead of cookies or some other junk for dessert, I had an apple and a few strawberries.

I can do this.  I can do this!

1 comment: