Monday, January 25, 2016

Max and Claire ~ 5 year old edition!

I blinked and my babies turned FIVE! It's hard to believe how fast these years go by and I'm sure I'll say that each year, but it's true! Four was the hardest year for me so far.  Not only did we have a lot of family changes (pregnant, house on market, sell house, have baby, move to rental, Justin traveling, move again....), but they have really mastered how to work as a team and against me.  Claire is a teenager in a five year old's body (read: attitude, thinks she knows everything) and Max has bit of a temper. BUT they have also been so much fun to watch grow and turn into the coolest little people.


We were supposed to have a Chuck E Cheese birthday party on their actual birthday (Jan. 22), but thanks to the snow storm.... that was postponed.  They were equally excited to have a snow day with Daddy home from work! Buds was a machine out in the snow and loved every minute of it!
We started the morning with cinnamon roll waffles! Had hot chocolate after the snow and cupcakes after dinner! Sugar high all day!


The Buds!
 My main man, Max!  Buds can still be the sweetest, cutest, most snuggable little boy. When he is sweet, he is the best.  He is a big helper, always takes his dishes to the sink, will help when asked and loves his sisters! He also has a bad temper. If he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, or if he is in a mood and doesn't get what he wants... watch out. We are working on how to handle our feelings and the appropriate way to act when we are upset.  Taking TV away has helped a lot.  During the move and since Kate has been born, there has been way too much tv and shows that we shouldn't have let him start watching (Ninja turtles, power rangers, spider man..) Now that we are getting settled in our new house, I have really started giving him more one on one time.  Last week we played cards for hours.  He had so much fun and was such a good boy! I have high hopes for FIVE!

Buds loves to be outside and to be doing anything active.  He is very competitive and determined when it comes to sports. He can do a lot of tricks on his bike (he has already outgrown and needs a bigger one in the last year) and is now learning tricks on his new scooter ~ which scare me! He loves, and is really good at, basketball!  Justin got him a basketball hoop for his birthday which we will set up once this ice melts.  He makes friends easily.  His new teacher said he jumped right in with a group of boys at school.  It's funny, I thought he would be shy!
Some rough stats:
Weight: 53 lbs
Height: 48 in!
Shoe size: 1.5/2
Clothes: 6/7
Has lost two teeth and permanent teeth are already in!
Trying out his new scooter Christmas morning
5 year old questionnaire
What is your favorite color?  Blue, like Trevor!
What is your favorite toy?  Transformer
What is your favorite food? Granola bars
Who is your best friend? I have two, Trevor and Ellis
What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play
What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Go to a special treat place
What is your favorite cartoon?  Transformers


Claire Bear
Oh, Claire Bear! My mini me!  Claire is such a little mommy.  She literally follows me around all day.  If I'm watching the news, so is she.  If I'm doing a workout video, so is she. If I'm cleaning, so is she (well only if I'm wiping down counters!) If I'm with Kate, so is she. She loves to go to the grocery store or shopping with me! My sidekick.  She is obsessed with Kate.  I often don't give her enough credit for how good she is with her.  She is in her face way too much and does everything for her which is why I get frustrated.  I tell her Kate needs to learn to do things for herself just like you did! She loves to hold her, especially standing up (supervised).  She loves books, coloring and anything art, swinging and playing with her babies. She is very smart! Grandma bought the book, "How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" and she is doing great!  Such a good little student!
Claire is also working on her attitude and how she talks to us. She has gotten very sassy and talks back a lot... again, acting like a teenager! (which scares the crap out of me for the future years!)
Some rough stats:
Weight: 43 lbs
Height:  44 in
Shoe size: 10.5
Clothes: 5/6
Just lost 1st tooth!

5 year old questionnaire
What is your favorite color: rainbow
What is your favorite toy: she said remote control car that comes in the mail today!
Favorite food: apples with peanut butter
Best Friend: Lily James
Favorite thing to do with Mommy: Color and play games
Favorite thing to do with Daddy: Go to his office
Favorite cartoon: Peppa Pig 

No comments:

Post a Comment