Sunday, February 28, 2010

Danger Zone

 
This weekend I flew into the "Danger Zone"
Friday night J and I went to Charlotte to see Darcy (SIL) before she left for Australia.  The above is her bf and J's bff.  He is not modest!  
We met up with the McCarley's and went to Big Daddy's for dinner.  This just might be one of the best burger places I have ever been to! and it also happened to be the most challenging considering I gave up french fries and chips for lent.  This place had tots, ff, sweet potato fries, and chips.  Do you have any idea how hard this was for me?  well I am happy to say after being thrown into the Danger zone, I survived with a bison burger smothered in mushrooms and a side of fresh fruit.

Saturday morning we made a pit stop at Trader Joe's.  This made my day  :)  Justin even liked it!  I picked up lots of fun stuff: plantain chips, reduced sugar blueberry jam, mushroom truffle pizza, dark chocolate covered blueberries, whole wheat cinnamon and raisin english muffins, and an oat mix that contains flax and barley and some bananas.  If we weren't on a time constraint I could of spent hours in there!!  It just baffles me that Gboro doesn't have one!

Sat night I met up with my Mom and her three sisters.  We had an outstanding dinner of standing rib roast, Yorkshire pudding, asparagus and a blueberry cream cake for dessert.

 
  
  
This blueberry cake looked delish.... but after my first bite I decided I wanted yorkshire pudding instead.
BIG mistake!  It was so rich and I had eaten way to much and felt sick for the next few hours.
Have you ever had yokshire pudding? OMG it is soooo good.  After dinner we went to see "It's complicated".  This movie is so funny and listening to mom and her sisters laugh was my favorite part :)

No comments:

Post a Comment