Sunday, April 11, 2010

Work it!

This weekend we "worked it"!  This was one of the first weekends in a long time that we did not do anything - nada, nothing planned at all! It was kind of nice.We did a lot around the house to get ready for our house guests next weekend.

FOOD:
 Saturday night we had a steak with snap peas, mash taters with edamame and a few lima beans!
It was delish!
Tonight for dinner we had lean (96/4), juicy burgers - again! with left over taters and bean salad
Do you see the deliciousness of this monster! you can't see but there is 1/2 a portabello on there as well!
Bean salad: black beans, white beans, red, yellow and orange pepper, tomato, red onion, corn, cilantro
There is another Chocomize giveaway over on this blog!  This website is super cool and if you remember back to last month I ordered one after reading one on SkinnyRunner's blog. If you haven't already, you need to check it out!

FUN:  Mom came over this weekend and helped me hang these pics in our guest room.  I bought these almost a year ago- bout time they were hung, huh?!
they are from Crate and Barrel.  I feel like I need to rearrange them but this will do for now!

Then we made cornice (sp) boards for our living room.  A few weeks ago we bought the fabric, padding and wood and saved $$ by making them ourselves.  
Lucky for me, Mom is an HGTV fanatic and is extremely handy. Me-not so much! I held the staple gun wrong (on more than one occasion) and stapled the table instead of the boards! oops!

 While we were working on these, Justin was setting up his golf net I got him for Christmas
He enjoyed watching the Masters all weekend :)
 This little guy was dreaming of bunnies and wishing he was eating chocolate!
Isn't he the sweetest!

We also cleaned out cabinets, closets, cleared clogged drains... and some more fun stuff!

FITNESS:  Saturday we rode 15 miles on the bike and swam 1/2 mile.  I was whopped.  All followed by mowing and raking the grass and watering flowers.  I am so excited! We have the beginnings of a few sunflowers and our roses are coming in! YAY!!
Today I took it easy - not on purpose but I was just so busy getting ready for our 5 house guests next weekend that I just ran out of time! BUT I did run 2.3 miles in the neighborhood and went to OMEGA to get some new running shorts!  I finally got a pair of Nike's Tempo shorts.  I hope they are as good as everyone says!  I have yet to find a pair of shorts that don't ride up or cause chaffing(or maybe it's just my legs!) ha!
I have a crazy busy week.  Monday: Junior League meeting, Tuesday - maybe a bday dinner for a friend, Wednesday Bible study, Thursday awesome Xango meeting, Friday guest come and have to go to packet pick up! I'm tired already!! Somewhere in there I need to do some swimming, biking, running, cooking, cleaning... ... ... :)
Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment