Monday, November 1, 2010

First days on bed rest

Let's just say the past few days have been different.  After finding out that my cervix was shortening, my Dr. had me come back to take a Fetal Fibronection test.  We arrived at the hospital at 6pm and after 3.5 hours of being monitored, mild contractions, negative tests and meds given to stop contractions, we were back home.

Mom had spent all day Friday with me - keeping me company, trying to keep my spirits up and my mind off the dog we loved so dearly, and doing chores.  She made me snacks and talked me into opening the 5 packages that UPS dropped off!
It was like Christmas!  We received baby presents, crib bumpers and flowers!!  Nothing like retail therapy!

Justin has been amazing!  He watches my every move, making sure I am laying down, not sitting to long, serving me, cleaning and even cooking!!!
Breakfast served!
We had some friends over to watch the UGA/Florida game so he cooked his first appetizer! Sausage dip.  I was so proud of him!
Everyone has been so generous.  Our friends brought me a goody bag with cute slippers and a nice blanket!
My friend, Parker, came over earlier that Sat. to keep me company and brought some delicious brownies, made me lunch and brought me a snuggie!

Sunday Mom and Justin worked on the sun room.  This used to be Coltrane's room so it needed MAJOR cleaning.  It was a beautiful day so they set me up a fold out beach chair so I could keep them company!
This is going to be the babies playroom.  Can't wait to decorate!

Today my SIL, Darcy, is coming from Charlotte to keep me company!

No comments:

Post a Comment