Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's about time!

I've been getting The Food Network magazine for three years now and finally decided to make something!! After craving chocolate ALL day, I thought it was only fitting I make something out of this chocolate issue!
This issue included a booklet of 50 different brownie recipes so I had Justin pick one out. -toffee brownies it was!




Melt 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips and 1 stick of butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring. Off the heat, whisk in 3/4 cup each light brown sugar and granulated sugar; cool slightly. Whisk in 4 eggs, one at a time, and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir in one cup flour and 1/2 tsp salt. Spread in pan and bake 45 minutes.




If you want to add the toffee, fold in 1/2 cup then top with 1/4 cup before baking.




I left a little section plain since I'm taking them to our Mother's Morning teachers!

They taste pretty good - a little rich for me and not bad for my first time at homemade brownies!!

Kelly - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment