Monday, December 3, 2012

World's Famous Cookie

A few weeks ago I was asked by Lindy to do a guest post for her Cookie Time Tuesday. I didn't have to think twice!  Lindy is the author of "Itsy Bitsy Paper".  She is so talented - does everything from stationary, crafts and my favorite, baking!

I decided to go with my Grandfather's famous cookie.  It is delicious.  I love how fluffy and airy they are.



World's Famous Cookie - My Grandfather's recipe

Preheat oven to 345*

Ingredients
1 1/3 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs hot water
3 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c pecan pieces
1 1/2 c raisins

Instructions
1.  Cream sugar and butter
2.  Add eggs one at a time and beat in well
3.  Dissolve baking soda in hot water, then add to mixture
4.  Sift flower with salt and cinnamon and add gradually (I never sift!)
5.  Add pecans and raisins

Bake 12-15 minutes.   I found that 12 min 30 seconds was perfect!  You do not want to overcook!

Be sure to check out her blog and her shop!

2 comments: